Our fave fun things to do in San Francisco
There's so much to see and do right outside our front door. And we pride ourselves at Kimpton Enso Hotel for being experts in all things local. If you're looking for something specific, don't hesitate to ask for recommendations — we'd love to tell you all about the area's hidden gems and must-dos. In the meantime, here's a good sampling of some of our staff favorites for things to see in San Francisco:
- For stationery appreciators: Paper Tree. Make all your origami dreams come true at this purveyor of paper crafts. It's an easy walk across the street, kitty-corner to the hotel.
- For frozen treats with a side of nostalgia: Miyako Old Fashion Ice Cream Shop. With more than 100 flavors of ice cream and jars of retro candy lining the shelves, this shop is throwback to another time — in all the best ways.
- For ramen you'll remember: Marufuku Ramen. The line can get long at this ramen spot, but hang tight — the Hakata-style tonkotsu, with ultra-thin noodles and milky bone broth, is totally worth it.
- For everything you never knew you needed: Soko Hardware. A family-owned business since 1925, this hardware store is so much more than that — it's full of colorful paper lanterns, pretty china, tons of chopsticks, Japanese brushes, and, yes, even some hardware.
- For a relaxing girls' day: Pearl Spa. This Korean-style women's spa has the best treatments, including brown sugar body scrubs, shiatsu massages, and collagen face masks.